On Tuesday 10th, 2017 at 10 PM, Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi announced the resignation of Lazaro de Mello Brandao as the serving chairman of Bradesco. Brandao served the bank as the chairman for more than 25 years. In as much as he will be resigning as the bank’s chairman, Brandao will take charge of other Bradesco’s holding companies. Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi was assigned as the new chairman of Bradesco till March 2018 when the new CEO will be elected when a shareholders meeting will take place. According to Trabuco, him being assigned the position of the president seemed to be an idea from the former president.
Trabuco confirmed that the next president of the bank would be chosen from the executives of the company and not the current presidents available. This tradition is said to be Brand’s pool of talent that can determine the future of the bank. Some of the executives who will be among those the president of the company will be chosen from include the following:
- Mauricio Machado de Minas: He has been working in the company since 2009 and takes charge of the bank’s IT department. Also, he is the one behind Bradesco’s digital bank spinoff.
- Alexandre da Silva Gluher: He is the bank’s chief risk officer. He joined Bradesco in 1976 and become one of the people who were masterminds behind the HSBC Holdings acquisition.
- Domingos Figueiredo: He joined Bradesco in 1981, and he was given the responsibility of the bank’s lending and treasury departments.
- Josue Augusto Pancini: He has been working in the bank since 1975 where he took charge of the bank’s high-income segment and Bradesco‘s branch network.
- Marcelo de Araujo Noronha: He is in charge of the bank’s investment and corporate banking, card operation and Bradesco BBI. He joined the banked in 2003.
- Octavio de Lazari: He has worked in the bank since 1978.He was recently appointed to take charge of the lender’s insurance unit and has resulted in a 1/3 growth of the bank.
- Andre Rodrigues Cano: He is the leader of the human resource department where he was appointed December 2016. He has also been working in the bank since 1977.
In 2016, there was a change of rules that made Luiz Carlos Trabucco continue serving as the CEO of Bradesco. Previously, the law was that CEO was to exit at the age of 65, but this was later extended to 67 years for the integration process of the HSBC which was acquired by the bank to be maintained. Also, his extension was to give him time to choose his successor by early next year. According to Luiz CarlosTrabuco Cappi, the next president would have to identify ways of encountering challenges that might come regarding the literacy levels of their clients. The president will have to ensure most of its illiterate customers become literate to make it easier for them to do more transactions digitally.
About Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi
Trabuco was born in Marilia SP, on 6th, October 1951.He graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences, and Letters of Sao Paulo. Later on, he had a post-graduation from the School of Sociology and Politics Foundation of Sao Paulo. In the year 1969, Trabucco began his career as a banker in Banco Bradesco. He has been serving in different positions of the Bradesco bank and other companies until 2009 when he was elected as the CEO of the Bradesco Bank. Due to his high performance in the company, Trabucco was nominated as the company’s President until when another president will be elected. His achievements have been acknowledged thus given him more opportunities to continue serving the bank. Know more: http://www.infomoney.com.br/assuntos/luiz-carlos-trabuco-cappi